Tuesday, October 11, 2011

True Colors

One of the most common questions people ask me about the wedding is "What are your colors?" I feel like a bad bride-to-be because I don't have a very straight-forward answer to that question. The other day, I told a potential vendor that our colors are Everything Look Nice.

Why is it that conventional wisdom/The Wedding Industry says you can only pick one or two colors? Why does everything have to be matchy-matchy? There are already enough aspects of our wedding that have the potential to stress me out. I don't need to also worry about making sure the bridesmaids' dresses match the tablecloths match the invitations match the icing on the cake.

The other reason I don't want to pick wedding colors is because I don't want to detract from the beautiful spaces we've booked for our wedding.

Instead of traditional "wedding colors," we're going with a color palette made up of different neutral and metallic colors.

Judging on this inspiration board I made, I guess that means our colors are white, black, grey, silver, gold, and a little bit of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment