Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Flower Power

Conventional wisdom suggests that a wedding just isn't a wedding without lots of flowers. But here's the thing: I don't really care that much about flowers. When I go to weddings, I remember a lot of the details, but the flowers aren't typically among the details I remember. This is why I have a hard time stomaching the thought of paying hundreds of dollars for something that a) I don't really care about, and b) will die a day or two after the wedding is over. That said, I still want flowers for my wedding. At the very least, I will carry a bouquet down the aisle. This month, it's on my to-do list to meet with florists, so I've been gathering inspiration.

I love peonies. They're giant, fluffy, and smell so good. They also happen to be the state flower of Indiana, my home state. Sadly, they are out of season in September, so it's extremely unlikely that I'll carry peonies down the aisle.
Wedding Bee
Fleurs France
I've always loved hydrangeas. Even though Madonna isn't a fan, I love these fluffy blooms. They look great in bouquets and (bonus!) they're cheap. I love the mix of white and light green hydrangeas in this photo.
Style Me Pretty
Anemones are a flower I didn't know existed until I joined the world of wedding blogs. They're so fun with their black centers!
Martha Stewart Weddings
Usually, I prefer bouquets and arrangements with a whole bunch of a single type of flower, but I love these bouquets with a mixture of hydrangeas, roses, and berries.
Style Me Pretty
Style Me Pretty
Ranunculus is another type of flower I didn't know existed until I started reading wedding blogs. It's gorgeous, and in season in September, so hopefully I'll be able to incorporate a few of them into our flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment