Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stamp Solution

Remember my gripes about the USPS and its ugly stamps? Well, that story has a happy ending because I found this stamp.
Edward Hopper was an American artist whose most famous painting, Nighthawks, hangs in the Art Institute of Chicago. Adam and I saw it there on our visit just a couple of weeks ago.

The painting depicted on this stamp is entitled The Long Leg. It portrays a sailboat in the foreground and a lighthouse in the background. I originally liked the stamp because the sailboat reminded me of summertime in Chicago with all the sailboats on Lake Michigan. It turns out that the lighthouse is the Long Point Lighthouse on Cape Cod, where Adam and I will spend our honeymoon!

Alright, USPS. You're off the hook this time.

1 comment:

  1. How fun - I also picked the same stamps and ordered them in bulk back in the fall! My fiance and I are sailors, so it seemed fitting, and one of my bridesmaids is a huge Hopper fan!

    ReplyDelete