Monday, March 19, 2012

Playing dress-up with diamonds

A few weeks ago, I had problems with my laptop, so I took it to the Apple Store to get it fixed. While the Geniuses fixed it, I had some time to kill. I figured I might as well get my ring cleaned, so I walked across to the street to the jeweler where Adam bought my engagement ring.

While my ring was cleaned, I perused the selection of wedding bands. Roberto, the salesman Adam worked with to buy my engagement ring, pulled a few out and let me try them on.

I tried on this ring. I loved how thin and delicate it was, but I didn't like the way the diamonds looked. They were almost too sparkly next to the understated Asscher cut center stone in my engagement ring.
Then I tried on this ring. I liked how the baguettes complemented the baguette side stones in my engagement ring, but I didn't like that the center diamond was bigger than the others. My engagement ring's setting is such that no wedding band will sit flush to it. I'll have a gap between my engagement ring and wedding band (unless I get a specially made contoured band, which I don't want). If I wore this ring, it would constantly turn and look off-center because I can't solder the two together. This ring made me realize that I want an eternity band.
This was the last ring I tried on, and I loved it. Even though it was a bit too blingy for my taste, I loved that it was traditional yet modern and that it complemented my engagement ring without upstaging it.

The wedding ring hunt is just beginning, but it's good to know what I like and dislike. I'm excited to find the perfect ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment