Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Secret Single Behavior

Tres Sugar
The New York Times recently published an article about the quirks of people who live alone. Adam and I both live alone and have for the last 4 years (save for a brief summer-long stint of living together). My lease is up at the end of August, so I'll move into Adam's condo about a month before the wedding. Even though we spend a lot of time together, I'm trying to savor my last 6 months of single living. This means embracing my Secret Single Behavior, a phrase coined by Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City about the things people do when they're alone.

Some of the things I do are:
  • eat cereal for dinner
  • take my clothes off and throw them on the floor
  • leave my clean clothes in the laundry basket and take them out as I need them
  • watch HGTV for hours on end
  • stay in bed until noon
After we get married, I guess I'll just have to take advantage of Adam's business trips to do some of these things.

What's your secret single behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment