Wednesday, April 4, 2012

May I Have This Dance?

Adam plays piano, guitar and bass, and minored in music in college. I have been singing since I could talk, played the flute for about 10 years, and was the director of my college a cappella group. We met in a musical. Clearly, music is very important to us. We hired a great DJ to control the music all night, but we have to pick out one very important song on our own: the first dance song.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things about the wedding day, but the first dance is up near the top of the list. I am really, really looking forward to that. I'm not a cryer, but I might cry...if we pick the right song.

We want something a little untraditional with some indie flavor. Here are a few options:

"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds

"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Ingrid Michaelson

"Wouldn't It Be Nice" by The Beach Boys


"This Will Be Our Year" by The Zombies


"First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes


Which one is your favorite? What's your first dance song?

1 comment:

  1. I think you've made some great choices! Bright Eyes' "First Day of My Life" is actually on my short list for acoustic guitar ceremony walkin' music. Maybe when the parents are being seated, or the bridesmaids are entering? Not sure. And one of my good friends actually saved Ben Folds' "The Luckiest" for the last dance of the wedding - it is actually kind of a sad tune, so it was sweet and sentimental. Good luck with choosing! :)

    ReplyDelete