Friday, April 6, 2012

Scent-sory Overload

At the Kate Spade event, I spritzed myself with a little perfume.
Adam liked it, and asked me why I never wear perfume. The real reason is that I'm too cheap to buy it. That stuff is expensive! But then it got me thinking about perfume. Scent is the strongest sense tied to memory, so maybe I should pick out a special perfume to wear on our wedding day. I decided to do some research.
I love Burberry London. When I studied abroad, I used to put it on in the duty-free shop at the airport whenever I went on a trip. But that scent is already tied to the memory of traveling around Europe, so I think I'll have to pick something else for our wedding.

There's the classic Chanel No. 5. The French government estimates that a bottle of this perfume is sold every 30 seconds. However, despite my love of all things Chanel, I don't like this fragrance. I tend to prefer perfumes that are fruity and flowery, and Chanel No. 5 is neither of those things.
When I went to Ulta to test perfumes, my favorite was Coach's Signature. I loved how flowery and fresh it smelled. But it's only sold in an eau de toilette, which is a more watered-down version of perfume (eau de parfum is the concentrated stuff), so the scent wears off before the end of the day. If I could find this in a more concentrated version, I think we'd have a winner.

Do you have a signature scent? Did you wear it on your wedding day, or did you have a special wedding day perfume?

3 comments:

  1. I wore "Chanel Chance - Eau Tendre" to my wedding and highly recommend it! Like you, I am drawn to florals. I bought it specifically for the wedding and it now reminds me of that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear the same "Chanel Chance - Eau Tendre" all the time and it's Mike's favorite! I also love Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant which is also a beautiful floral scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look into this Chanel Chance! Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete