Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Paperless Planning

For someone who loves paper so much, I'm a little surprised that I don't have a wedding planning binder that looks like this.
Groom Sold Separately
I'm a pretty organized person, but I've used mostly electronic and online tools to keep things organized throughout the planning process.

Budget and Guest List
Adam is an Excel master, and he created our master wedding spreadsheet. It has separate tabs for budget, guest list, and vendors. It truly is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, the beautiful spreadsheet wasn't easily accessible to us on Adam's computer, so we put it on Google Docs. Now, we can both easily edit it and pull it up on our phones or iPads if we need to access something on the go.

Vendors
I can't fully express how much I love Gmail, but it has been great for keeping track of vendor information. I use labels to designate wedding-related emails and the great search function finding documents a breeze. Most of our vendors have sent contracts and pricing information via email, so it's great to be able to pull that information up quickly and easily.

Wedding Website
Adam and I built our wedding website using Google Sites. We looked at other wedding website services like The Knot and Wedding Wire, but chose Google Sites because it was easy to use and easy to customize our site. Also, we clearly love Google (see above). It's a great for our guests to have all the information in one place, and it's great for us to not be constantly fielding questions about what time everything starts or where we're registered. I'm hoping we can even set up an online RSVP system.

Inspiration
Pinterest has been a great way to gather information in a paperless way. Instead of ripping pages out of magazines or printing pictures off the internet and inserting them into a bulky binder, I pin photos of things I like to my virtual inspiration board.

Blogging
This blog has been a really helpful planning tool for me. I post my monthly to-do lists and inspiration photos, and it's easy to send posts to vendors to show them what I want.

How do you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment