Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Brooch Bride

I finally got my dress back from getting cleaned, so now's the time to accessorize. I really want to wear a brooch on my dress. It will add some visual interest (and sparkle!) and while my daughter probably won't want to wear my wedding dress, she might want to wear a brooch. I asked my grandmothers if they had any brooches I could borrow, but they're not brooch people. So, I began my search at a local bridal accessories store.
Personal photo
This beauty blew me away, but unfortunately, its price did, too. At over $200, I had to walk away. I know it's an heirloom-quality piece, but I just can't justify the price.

For more budget-friendly options, I turned to the internet. I am drawn to round, art deco-style brooches with some step-cut stones (like my engagement ring). Here are some options.
Etsy
Etsy
Etsy
 I'm kind of obsessed with this one, but it's a bit pricey.
Etsy
These are similar and a lot cheaper.
eBay
eBay
 Which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. WoW Thanks for including us! (The Weiss Brooch-XO from www.ForgottenCotton.com) A little story behind this brooch- It belonged to my husband's grandmother and perhaps even her mother. She really loved beautiful jewelry and had a great eye for it! I am sure which ever you pick will be stunning! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- just to follow up- we have another Brooch available that is similar in style: https://www.etsy.com/listing/97725411/vintage-rhinestone-brooch-pin-large Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one from the internet

    ReplyDelete