Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back from the Bar

Sorry I've been MIA this week, but I have a good excuse; I was taking the bar exam!
Champagne toast with my classmates at the official Loyola alumni after-party last night
The past 2 months were a whirlwind, and the past 2 weeks were a nightmare, but now I'm done! One thing that got me through it was Adam. The other thing that got me through it was humor. The stress of everything gave me a bad case of "bar brain." Here are some highlights of the funny things that happened to me.
  • I walked into my bathroom one morning about a week before the exam and thought my overhead light was burned out. I showered in the dark, put on my makeup in the dark...and then turned on the light switch.
  • I woke up 4 days before the bar in the middle of a dream where I was dividing the assets of a divorcing couple. I was going through the house with the soon-to-be-ex-wife, marking which picture frames were wedding gifts, and explaining to her that wedding gifts are considered marital assets even if she received them before the wedding.
  • I yelled at Adam for coughing. (This was a low point. Sorry, Adam!)
  • This one's not really funny, but my laptop charger died 2 days before the bar exam. Thankfully, a classmate let me borrow his extra for a few days, but not before I had a few moments of sheer panic.
Thank you to everyone for the support! Now I can re-join the real world...and really focus on wedding planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment