Monday, July 16, 2012

Fling Before the Ring

There are lots of pre-wedding festivities nowadays. From engagement parties to multiple showers, it's a lot. But the one I'm most excited for is my bachelorette party.

Normally, I'm not a fan of bachelorette parties. It's nice to have a girls' night out, but I can do without the cheesy tiaras, pink feather boas, penis paraphernalia, and all the hooting and hollering.
Not my idea of a good time / Glamour Magazine
Thankfully, my lovely bridesmaid Lauren is 100% on the same page and has planned a classy evening on the town for me consisting of a private dinner at a trendy sushi place downtown and then drinks somewhere nearby. And I have the invitation to prove it!
Doesn't she have the best handwriting? I'm jealous.
 I love how she decorated the envelope with a stamp, pretty paper flower, and message on the back.
I kind of hate the color pink, but that seems to be the only color bachelorette party invitations come in. (They also all have pictures of stilettos and/or martini glasses on them.) Lauren found this Tiffany blue beauty, and I love it. I think Audrey herself would approve.

I am really looking forward to putting on a pretty dress and having a fun night out in my city with all of my girlfriends. I'm especially excited that my friend/bridesman Phil will be flying in from NYC to join the festivities! (My liver, on the other hand, is terrified.)
Can't wait to be reunited with these two!

2 comments:

  1. Ah so exciting! Mine is coming up too. The typical bachelorette party is also not really my thing, so we are just doing a day at the beach followed by dinner and drinks. I'm nervous the drinks part will get a bit crazy, I can't drink how I used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fun! Just pace yourself. ;-)

      Delete