Monday, July 9, 2012

Our First Wedding Gift

 Adam and I got our first wedding gift! It's from all of my aunts and uncles, and it's a good one.

Hmmm...what could be in a box that big?
 Could it be? It's our Kitchenaid mixer!
It looks pretty great in its new home on our counter, don't you think?
My mom yelled at me when I told her we opened it. Apparently you're just supposed to keep your gifts wrapped up in a pile until after the wedding, but that just seems silly when you live in a 1-bedroom apartment in the city. Now we can bake cookies! And cakes! And we can make ice cream because we also got the ice cream maker attachment! So excited!

Did you unwrap your presents before your wedding?

5 comments:

  1. Man, I cannot wait to use my kitchenaid. Sadly, I'm a bit superstitious, and all of our presents are in a pile in our office right now. We have one gift that we received in the mail, but it is from my aunt and she doesn't want us to open it until the wedding (though I'm pretty sure I know what it is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just received a wine cellar and the ice cream attachment for my kitchenaid (i have a red one!) this week, and we totally opened them. I would rather send thank you notes now so they know we got the gifts...and we might as well use them once that's done, right? (And you are going to love that mixer! It is the best!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG a wine cellar? I need to come party with you.

      Delete
  3. YES!! I totally opened them! Living in a semi-one bedroom apartment, the boxes were not going to work. Literally our marriage would have suffered before the actual wedding date due to lack of space to actually live if we didn't rid ourselves of the city of boxes living with us. Good call! Oh, and PS....we are PUMPED for the wedding!!!!!!! And obvi to see you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to see you, too!

      The apartment will already be cluttered with boxes seeing as how I'm moving in a month before the wedding. We definitely don't need to add more boxes to the situation.

      Delete