Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Good Investment

It's no secret that weddings are expensive. Some people refuse to deal with the WIC and decide to just elope or have a city hall wedding. I think that's a great option for some couples, but Adam and I really wanted a wedding. All the money and all the planning is worth it, I think, because I see the wedding as an investment.

I know I'm not going to see little to no monetary return on what I'm paying to vendors for the actual event, but I know I'll see a return on the memories we create that day. Our wedding day is something we'll look back on for the rest of our lives and remember the feelings we had and the people we shared them with. We'll look back on our pictures and video. Someday, I'll pull my dress out of the closet for my daughter or granddaughter to try on. Maybe she'll decide to wear my veil or some of my jewelry down the aisle. Most importantly, we'll remember the time we spent with our family and friends getting ready in the morning and dancing together at night. Our wedding will give our nearest and dearest the chance to say something sentimental and then raise a glass in honor of us and our marriage.

Without a wedding, we wouldn't have these things. So, sure, it's a lot of money to spend on one day, but we know that one day will pay emotional dividends for years to come, and that makes it all worth it to us.

Do you think of your wedding as an investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment