Friday, August 31, 2012

Making It Up

After I decided to nix my hairdresser, I also decided to nix the makeup artist. The main reason for this was because the makeup artist works with the hairdresser, so I wanted to free them both up to book another wedding. The other reason is that I want to look like myself on my wedding day. Plus, if going the DIY route is good enough for Duchess Catherine, it's good enough for me! (My motto in life is What Would Kate Middleton Do?)
Lela London
I knew I'd need to beef up my makeup bag for the occasion because I typically only wear blush, eyeliner and mascara.

My biggest concern about doing my own makeup is that I need it to stay put all day long. To achieve that, I bought a good primer. Instead of $40 for the full-sized tube, I bought this starter kit from Ulta for $19.
Ulta
It includes face primer, eyelid primer, mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.

A few months ago before my law school formal, I went to Macy's in search of foundation. I didn't buy any, but I got a sample from Lancome. I used it for my bachelorette party and really liked the way it looked and felt. After testing out a couple other brands, I decided to pony up the cash and buy Lancome foundation.
Lancome
To set it, I bought Maybelline powder (because I already spent $44 on foundation and refused to spend the same amount on powder).
Maybelline
I also bought false eyelashes for that extra oomph. Everything else I need, I already owned.

Stay tuned for a tutorial to see how it all comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment