Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Moving Day

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've been moving. My lease was conveniently timed to expire a month before the wedding, so Adam and I are officially roommates now! I've lived alone for the last 4 years, so it's going to be an adjustment living with someone again.

I'm going to miss having my own space, even if that space is a cramped 168 square feet.
Pictures taken right after moving in 2 years ago. Miss it already!
I'll miss my location. I'm moving about a mile north, and in the city, that's practically another world. My old apartment was one block from the Lincoln Park Zoo, and I had a great running route. I'll miss you, Lakefront Path!
The Easy Run
I'll miss Friday nights alone in my bed with ordered-in Thai food and Say Yes to the Dress.

But there are lots of things that make me excited to move into Adam's place. For one, I'll have a lot more space. 800 square feet! Practically a mansion! And I can stop hauling my stuff back and forth between apartments several times a week. I'm excited to cook dinner together every night in our kitchen and not have to take the bus back home afterward.

Mostly, I'm excited that my roommate is pretty awesome. I get to have a sleepover with my best friend every single night. What's not to love about that?

How did you deal with moving in together? Was it a tough transition?

No comments:

Post a Comment