Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Save the First Dance for Me

Today, we have a meeting with our DJ. At it, we have to provide her with several details, and one of those details is our first dance song. Adam came up with quite the list of options. We narrowed it down to three finalists:




In the end, we chose the Ingrid Michaelson song. We liked that it's a classic song (originally performed by Elvis Presley) performed with a modern, indie twist. Plus, the lyrics are beautiful.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

I especially love the line "take my hand, take my whole life, too." So appropriate for a wedding. I can't wait to dance with Adam to this gorgeous song on our wedding day!

What's your first dance song?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Haha, we are doing the same song, just a different version of it. I want to do the Andrea Bocelli version but it's only live so I'm nervous it might be weird. So, we're leaning towards Michael Buble right now, but I considered the Ingrid Michaelson one too. It's a wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete