Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Bachelorette Party

A few weeks ago, my friends threw me an amazing bachelorette party. You've seen the invitation, and now it's time to show you how it all went down.

We started out at 5pm at my friends' J and M's apartment. We gathered there for drinks, gifts and games.
 Posing with my gifts and special glass that said "I can out-drink all you bitches." I'm classy like that.

 My bridesmaid and BFF L made a video with Adam that was actually a party game.
The rules were simple. L asked Adam a question. If our answers matched, I got to assign someone in the room to drink. If our answers didn't match, I had to drink. I did pretty well, and the booze was flowing.
Thanks for such a great game, L! Love you! (Side note: We're wearing our bachelorette beads in this shot. They said "Bacherlorette" and "Outta Control" on them. We didn't have enough for everyone, so they got passed to the person who was the most "outta control" at the moment.)

After that game, I opened gifts. I got some pretty, frilly, lacey things. Thanks, girls!
(You can see my little birdcage veil pouf in this shot. I freaking loved that thing.)

My one request for the party was nothing shaped like a phallus. J ignored that request and purchased these sweet tarts for the pre-party.
After a few more glasses of wine, we were off to dinner at Union Sushi + Barbeque.
The only purpose of this next shot is so you can see my glittery shoes.
 See them? So sparkly! OK, now we can carry on with the rest of the post.

If you live in or are visiting Chicago, I HIGHLY recommend checking this place out for dinner. The food was fantastic!
The cocktails were awesome, too. I sampled several of them. My favorite was called South of the Border, East of the Sun and had tequila, blood orange, and grapefruit bitters. Yum!
With bellies full of sushi, we walked a couple of blocks to Zed 451. The rooftop was closed by the time we got there, so we snagged an awesome spot right by the fireplace instead.
We ordered several more rounds of cocktails. My favorite was the strawberry balsamic martini.
While all this was going on, Adam was in the middle of his bachelor party a few blocks away. After dinner, our groomsman/bridesman P swapped parties and met up with us. We made him wear the Outta Control bachelorette beads. (He really was out of control that weekend. He flew in from NYC for specifically to attend our parties. Because of weather, his flight didn't get in until 3am on Saturday morning, and then he flew back out about 48 hours later. What a champ.)
Around 12:30, people were getting tired and started heading out. I hopped in a cab with P to head home. Instead, we decided to head up to Boystown and hit the gay bars. We rolled into Roscoe's and enjoyed some vodka pink lemonades before closing down the bar at 3am.
After 11 hours of partying, I was wiped out. It wasn't a traditional, wild bachelorette party, but it was exactly the bachelorette I wanted: classy, chill and a little bit fancy. A big thank you to my ladies for such a fun night!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! What a great send-off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, congratulations on your wedding! By now you are definitely enjoying a new chapter in your life! Back to your bachelorette party, I think it is perfectly fine to celebrate it in a classy way. Not all bride-to-be’s want a wild send-off to married life party. Having cocktails with close friends while catching up at a fancy club or lounge is an excellent idea too. What’s important is you got to celebrate it in your own special way.

    ReplyDelete