Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nailed It

The wedding is rapidly approaching and most details of my wedding day look have been finalized, but there's one detail that still needs to be attended to: my nails.

Even though Kate Middleton is basically my inspiration for everything, I don't want to go with the same type of pink-neutral polish she wore on her wedding day.
InStyle
It's pretty, but I want something a little more fun. Glitter would be fun...
Of Faces and Fingers
...but I don't think I can do glitter with a gel manicure. I've never had one before, and the wedding is the perfect time to try one because it will stay all through the wedding and the honeymoon.

I could also try nail strips, like these from Sally Hansen.
A Cup of Jo
All the no-chip benefits of gel, but with sparkles!

But I'm still not 100% sold on glitter. It might be a bit too cutesy for my wedding. A classic red is my go-to nail shade. It makes me feel like a grown-up, and it would be perfectly preppy for Cape Cod. Essie's Geranium is the perfect shade, but is it a little TOO bright?
Polish or Perish
We don't really have wedding colors, but if I had to pick one color that shows up repeatedly in our wedding, it's grey. Maybe I should take a page out of Michelle Obama's book and try that.
Jezebel
Which color do you think I should wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment