Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Newlyweds in New England: Big News

The second day of our honeymoon was dominated by something other than our brand-new marriage. It was something even more important. The first full day of our honeymoon was the day I was set to receive my bar exam results. In the past couple of years, they have been released in the middle of the night. But when we woke up early Monday morning*, I didn't have any emails. A quick check of Facebook revealed I was not alone, so Adam and I decided to start our day.

We got breakfast in the concierge lounge at the hotel.
The view was decent, I guess.
After breakfast, there was still no word, so with my iPhone in my pocket, we set out to explore Boston.
We saw lots of sights in the 90 minutes we were out, including Benjamin Franklin's grave...
...the Massachusetts State House...

...and the Boston Common.

We saw this building, which reminded me that I still hadn't heard about the bar. Hey, Massachusetts Bar Association! Call your friends in Illinois and tell them to email me!
But about 30 minutes after I took this photo, my phone buzzed with an email that wasn't a Groupon or Loft sale notification. It was the email I'd been waiting for.


I'd passed! The corner of High and Purchase Streets will always hold fond memories for me. I shed a couple tears of celebration and relief, hugged and kissed my brand-new husband who helped me through it all, and then we set off to Cape Cod!

*Adam told me later that he slept horribly that night because he kept having dreams that I got my results and then excitedly waking up. He's adorable.

1 comment: