Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pack It In

Unless you're getting ready for the wedding at your house and returning to your house that night, you're going to need to pack for your wedding. In our case, we got ready at hotels downtown, spent our wedding night at a hotel downtown, and then immediately left for our honeymoon on Sunday afternoon. In preparation for the massive amount of stuff we would need, I turned to the internet for every packing list I could find. Here's my contribution to the internet groupthink on this topic.
  • Molly's wedding attire (dress, bolero, veil, belt, shoes (heels and flats), earrings, hair comb, brooch, Spanx, necklace)
  • Adam's wedding attire (tuxedo, shirt, bow tie, undershirt, studs, cuff links, belt, shoes, socks, boxers)
  • Rehearsal dinner attire
  • Rehearsal bouquet
  • Toiletries (bridesmaid kit, comb, teasing comb, teasing brush, hairspray, makeup bag, fake eyelashes, eyelash glue, makeup sponges, razor, shaving cream, bobby pins, hair ties, moisturizer, toothbrush, blotting tissues)
  • Robe for getting ready
  • Marriage license
  • Rings
  • Ring box
  • Invitation suite for photos
  • Vendor tips/checkbook
  • Cell phone charger
  • iPod stereo
  • Flip cams
  • Champagne and orange juice
  • Paper plates and plastic knives for bagels
  • Bouquet-making supplies (floral tape, floral wire, ribbon, pins)
  • Pretty hanger for dress photos
  • Honeymoon luggage
Here are some things I forgot that I wish I would've brought:
  • Flip flops for getting ready in the morning. Thankfully, one of my friends let me wear hers.
  • A rockin' iTunes playlist for getting ready. I made an amazing playlist on Spotify, but the signal was terrible in the high-rise hotel, so we couldn't listen to it. My pride parade playlist had to suffice. (It was oddly similar to my wedding playlist.)
  • Even more bobby pins. I had one little piece of hair that kept poking out, but I ran out of pins to control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment