Friday, November 9, 2012

Lace It Up

I posted a while ago that I was having second thoughts about my veil. I fell in love with lace-edged veils, and after some hemming and hawing, I decided to turn my plain veil into a showpiece. To accomplish this, I ordered a strip of lace trim off of Etsy.
To start, I cut the strip in half. In order to make one continuous strip of lace for the edge of my veil, I had to stitch the two pieces of trim together in the middle. I lined up the pattern on the lace and sewed it together with invisible thread.
See? You can't even tell that's two pieces of lace.
Next, I placed a safety pin near the hem of the veil to mark the center of the veil.
I lined up the lace trim and pinned it into place.
Then came the stitching. I used invisible thread so I didn't have to worry about stitches ruining the look. After about an hour, the lace was firmly in place and my veil was complete!
To add a bit of weight, I sewed tiny seed pearls into the center of each flower. I'm a bad blogger, though, and neglected to take a photo of that. Sorry!

I'm thrilled with the way it turned out, and I think it looked gorgeous on my wedding day.
Photo by Andrew Collings Photography
I hope that maybe someday, I can pass my veil onto my daughter or daughter-in-law for her wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment