Friday, January 25, 2013

One Treasured Day: Here Comes the Bride

Since I was in 5th grade, I knew I would walk down the aisle to Canon in D. Standing behind the closed doors, I could hear its familiar notes, and I realized that my childhood dream was about to come true. I was about to walk down the aisle and marry the love of my life.

My friends E and J fixed my train. Our friends/their now-fiancés M and M opened the doors, and it was time.


Walking down the aisle was one of the most surreal moments of my life. I saw the faces of our family members and friends around me, the flash of camera bulbs, and - way down at the end of the aisle - the beaming face of my groom.


As we walked, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.


Through the tears, I couldn't take my eyes off of Adam. I was just so excited to see him. I couldn't believe that we were about to get married. There were 125 people in the beautiful chapel, but I only cared about one.


Once I reached the front of the beautiful chapel...


...my parents handed me over to Adam, symbolically transferring me from my family of origin to my new family.


I wiped away my happy tears, and we approached the altar to begin the ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment