Monday, January 21, 2013

One Treasured Day: Moments Before

We arrived at the chapel with a few moments to spare. The boys were hiding out in the back hallway, so I went into the bridal room with my parents and bridesmaids.


My nerves had returned, so I drank a glass of water and just tried to breathe. The moments before the ceremony began are a bit of a blur because I had so much rushing through my head. My inner monologue went something like this:
Don't cry, Molly. You're about to get married. Married! That's so crazy! Are you so excited? You should be excited. Why aren't you excited? What's wrong with you? Every bride is exuberantly joyful on her wedding day. No, it's OK. Don't cry. Just breathe.

We took the elevator upstairs to the chapel...


...where I saw my godson and ring-bearer for the first time.



As we lined up in the hallway...

...I could hear my friend A singing the music we'd carefully chosen.


I couldn't believe that it was my wedding day. Just around the corner were all our family members and friends. Today was the day we had planned for 14 months, and it was all happening.


I heard the music change and knew that it was time to walk down the aisle.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh these photos are absolutely gorgeous! congrats, i love your dress

    ReplyDelete