Thursday, March 14, 2013

One Treasured Day: The Little Things

While the wedding day was all about emotions, wedding planning is all about the details. This post is dedicated to the little things.

I love this shot of our rings on a copy of the Chicago Tribune. Our photographers were happy that the headline wasn't something really depressing because they've had that happen before.


I absolutely loved my blue wedding shoes, mostly because of these bows.


My favorite detail that we worked on while planning was our paper. Here's a shot of the whole suite.


You may or may not have noticed, but we wrapped our bouquet handles in the same ribbon that we made the invitation belly bands out of. It was a nice way to tie everything together. Literally.


 During our cocktail hour, guests signed our guestbook...


...and looked at photos of our parents and grandparents on their wedding days.


Guests looked up their seats on this seating chart I made...


...before entering the main reception room.


The place cards matched our invitation and save-the-date envelopes, and I hand-wrote people's names in the calligraphy style from the rest of our stationery.


I really loved our glass beaded chargers. All the glass on the tables with the candle light really made the room sparkle.


And now I can finally reveal the biggest secret of my wedding blogging experience: our centerpieces! Instead of floral centerpieces and a traditional tiered wedding cake, we put a cake on every table!


Half of the cakes had textured icing...


...and half had smooth icing with piping.


One cake was specially decorated with sprinkles for my cousin whose 18th birthday was on our wedding day.


I was so excited about our non-traditional centerpieces, and they were a massive hit, even though the cake stands I made out of Dollar Tree plates and candlesticks were less-than-sturdy. Oops! More on that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment