Friday, March 1, 2013

One Treasured Day: The Nitty Gritty

The next location for photos was suggested by our photographer. We'd expressed interest in taking photos on the Kinzie Street Bridge, but he suggested this location just on the other side of the river. He said it was a bit more industrial-feeling and gritty. I had no idea what to expect until we rolled up. I'm so glad we took a chance because it turned out to be an awesome backdrop.


We got our America's Next Top Model on underneath the railroad tracks. When we moved out to the other side, we took advantage of the beautiful light for my favorite wedding party shots of the day.

Love love love this one
We split up into guys v. girls again.

They called this their Flying V. "Quack, quack, quack..."
This is my favorite girl picture of the day.
Adam and I got a few shots together, too.


There's nothing I love more than a shot of a bride in a flowing white dress against a dirty, gritty backdrop. I love the juxtaposition of the delicate femininity of the lace and flowers against the dirt and grime of a neglected urban environment. I wish I'd worn my veil for the full effect.


Then it was back to the trolley!

No comments:

Post a Comment