Monday, March 25, 2013

One Treasured Day: Take My Hand

Once dinner was over and the cake had been cut, it was time to dance! We kicked off the traditional dances with our first dance as husband and wife. Technically, our first dance as husband and wife probably took place on the trolley to Call Me Maybe or Party in the USA, but for the publicized one, we chose Ingrid Michaelson's version of Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love."


I love the line in the song that says, "Take my hand, and take my whole life, too," and that's what caused us to choose it for our first dance.

As we danced, the world melted away. It was just the two of us swaying together like we often do in the kitchen while we're cooking dinner.


This is one of my favorite pictures because I think it captures exactly how I felt during our first dance.


We ended with a dip for the crowd.


No comments:

Post a Comment