Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Treasured Day: All the Single Ladies

Just after we served our late-night snack, our wonderful photographers left for the night. But we still had two hours of partying left. Fortunately, my dad had his camera there to capture the rest of the evening.

I know I wrote that we weren't going to do the bouquet or garter tosses. But near the end of the evening, I looked over at my wilting bouquet and figured that if it was just going to go in the trash anyway, I might as well have some fun with it. So I walked over to our DJ, asked her to put on "Single Ladies," and made my way onto the stage with my bouquet overhead.


I turned around as my friends gathered together in the middle of the dance floor.


I counted to three and then I let 'er rip.


It landed right in my friend E's hands.


She put it in a vase at her apartment when she got home, and when I went over a week later, it was alive and well! I'm glad that I spontaneously decided to toss my bouquet because it saved me the sadness of having to throw it in the trash and it decorated her apartment for a week.

1 comment:

  1. i liked thinking that my bouquet was going to a better place too. lol.

    Chic & Skinny

    ReplyDelete